Planning Using Importance & Urgency Metrics
Work Smarter by Prioritizing
- Video Demonstrating Difference Between Important & Urgent
- Covey Prioritization Matrix Overview
- Stop Prioritizing Easy
- Just Say No
- Take Time Upfront
- How do you know if something is urgent or important? Do you put emphasis on the urgent things, or do you focus your energy on what is important?
- Write down three of the most recent task you’ve done at work. Using a scale of 1-5, with 1 being least important and 5 being most important, rank each task accordingly. Next, thoughtfully evaluate what you listed. Are the tasks 5-level important or are they just urgent?
- Which of these three things will you commit to? Why? 1. Stop Prioritizing Easy 2. Just Say No. 3. Take The Time Upfront