Navigating Difficult Conversations
- Margaret Heffernen – Conflict Is Thinking
- Methodology Comes From “Difficult Conversations”
by Sheila Heen & Douglas Stone
- Do Your Homework
- Create a Strategy
- Start From The Third Story
- Explore Their Story And Yours
- Leave With A Plan
- Is it easy or hard for you to have a tough conversation? Why? What do you think you do well when having a “real talk”? Where could you improve?
- Between doing your homework, creating a strategy, starting from the third story, exploring their story and yours and leaving with a plan, where do you need to concentrate your attention? Will this improve your ability to have a difficult conversation?
- What was the last difficult conversation you had? Knowing the steps of having a difficult conversation, what would you have done differently?